Which Tooth Replacement Option is Best For You?
At Believe Dental Care, located in Swanton, OH, we care about your oral health and hygiene. As an adult, having missing teeth can have its drawbacks. Losing a tooth can also lead to problems with your existing teeth, and understanding missing tooth replacement options can be tricky. We offer several replacement options for your teeth that can work to restore the appearance of your smile. Choosing the right dental office for your family can be challenging, and we are here to help by answering any specific questions for you.
What is Restorative Dentistry?
Restorative dentistry treatment is any dental procedure that works to improve your teeth through repairs and restoration. Believe Dental Care offers root canal treatment, dental implants, dental bridges, and dental crowns. When you replace your teeth, your quality of life can also approve, making it easier to chew food or speak. Additionally, tooth restorations can make the appearance of your smile more attractive. However, the best dental options for an ideal tooth replacement solution vary, considering every case is different.
What are the options for tooth replacements?
A person’s dental health is important. Our teeth are developed to help us chew, smile, and speak. The loss of some teeth can even impact facial structure. It is important to find the best option of treatment that works for you. The following are options for teeth replacements:
- Dental Implants: Dental implants are wonderful solutions for missing teeth. A titanium implant screw is placed in the jaw to act as a root, and a crown is attached to the top of the implant. It acts as a durable tooth replacement option.
- Implant-Supported Bridge: They share many similarities with traditional bridges, but dental crowns are placed over the bridge that is attached to the implant titanium post that has been placed in the jaw.
- Tooth-Supported Bridge: As a non-implant solution, dental tooth-supported bridges cover the gap where teeth are missing and serve as a good option for replacement teeth.
- Full Dentures: A full set of dentures will take up the entire mouth and is a removable teeth replacement option. Dentures replace all of the teeth in your mouth. Full dentures use the bone and gum tissue of the upper and lower for support.
- Partial Dentures: Partial dentures replace some of the teeth in your mouth and use your remaining teeth for support.
- Implant-Supported Dentures: If a traditional tissue-supported denture is not functioning the way a patient would like, a denture can be stabilized by adding dental implants.
What happens if you don’t replace missing teeth?
Sometimes if your missing teeth are not replaced, the teeth in your mouth can shift, become loose, and cause bone loss permanently. This can cause a change in your digestion, too, because you will not be able to chew food properly. Staying on top of your oral health is important and should be a top priority.
Schedule an Appointment Believe Dental Care
If you live in or near Swanton, Ohio, you can count on the dental professionals at Believe Dental Care for your family’s dental care. We provide a variety of tooth replacement procedures designed to suit your needs. Maintaining good oral hygiene through routine dental checkups is essential to healthy teeth. Contact us and schedule an appointment today!