Why Are More People Getting Dental Implants?
If you are missing one or more teeth and have been looking into replacement options, dental implants are the best solution for missing teeth. A dental implant is an artificial tooth root placed into your jaw to hold a replacement crown, bridge, or denture and can significantly improve the function of your mouth.
Compared to traditional methods of dental replacements, such as dentures and bridges, dental implants are the only treatment method that replaces the entire tooth structure. The titanium screw is inserted into the jawbone replacing your tooth’s roots, and a replacement crown, bridge, or denture is attached to the post. With a high success rate, there are several benefits of dental implants as a long-term oral health solution. Believe Dental Care in Swanton, OH, is a great option if you are looking to get dental implants.
- Natural Look: Dental implants are natural-looking replacement teeth. They look, feel, and function like your natural teeth. Dental implants are usually made of porcelain, which matches the texture and translucency of natural teeth. Additionally, they match the size, color, and shape of your existing teeth, so no one can tell the difference between your original teeth and those that are implanted.
- Comfortable Fit: One of the top reasons why dental implants are increasingly popular is how comfortable they are. If you currently wear dentures, you likely don’t find them comfortable, at least not after 12 hours of wear. Dental implants integrate with your jawbone to create a stable foundation for restorations, so you never have to worry about discomfort.
- Long-Term Solution: Dental implants are built out of titanium, a durable and biocompatible material that bonds permanently to the surrounding jawbone tissue. With proper care and good oral hygiene, your dental implants can be a permanent solution – they perform just as well after 20 years as when they were first placed and are not prone to decay like your natural teeth. The success rate of dental implants is up to 95% and can provide the best results for specific needs. When you invest in dental implants, you make a lifetime investment in your oral health.
- Convenience: Dental implants are highly versatile, and whether you lost one tooth, several teeth, or a full arch, you can use dental implants to replace them. For single-tooth replacements, we use dental crowns, and for larger replacements, we will use either implant bridges or All-On-4. Moreover, your dental implant does not require specialized care, unlike dentures or removable appliances.
- Health Improvements: When you have a missing tooth, the bone around the root area will begin to shrink away, a process known as bone resorption. Because dental implants replace the entire tooth structure, including the tooth root, it transmits the force of everyday chewing and biting into your jawbone. This stimulates the bone and keeps it healthy, preventing the bone from deteriorating further. Also, unlike other restorations like dental bridges, which rely on the surrounding teeth to anchor them, dental implants preserve the remaining natural teeth. They also prevent your teeth from shifting, helping you maintain a proper bite.
Dental Implants in Swanton, OH
Whether you have lost a tooth due to impact injury, tooth decay, or periodontal disease, a dental implant is one of the best ways to replace your missing tooth and restore your natural smile. At Believe Dental Care, we provide high-quality dental implants and implant treatment in Swanton, OH, that look, feel, and function like your natural teeth. Contact us today to schedule an appointment and discover how we can help transform your smile and quality of life with dental implants.